Trying- again.

"No one else can love you like I love you Lord,
cause I was made unique in Your heart,
I was made to bring You joy."

It's like no matter now many times God tells me He loves me, and I sit in awe of Him, and I realize the freedom He gives, still, even still, I know and I feel that

I try to earn God. Still.

I try so hard. I DO so much, and if I am being honest, I have trouble sitting in God's love. I have trouble just being. I have to occupy myself or entertain myself. I am not joyful in prayer cause I feel like I don't know how to be. I think for a while I actually need to NOT read my Bible, or just for a day or two. I need to train myself to just sit in His presence and listen. And not feel like I am not doing anything good.

Jesus, my honest prayer- will you teach me to stop trying so hard. I love you, I adore you, and I am sorry that I do not know fully how to accept your love. People are not married to their husbands for only 30 minutes a day. May I live in marriage to you.

All you ever wanted was my affections, All you ever wanted was my love, All you ever wanted was my attention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My kids are worth loving: Adopting older kids FAQ''s and other helpful tips when talking to adoptive parents

I told you so.

Musings of the week (1/9/17)